HEALTHY PAD THAI
We went on honeymoon in Thailand, and all we ate almost everyday for lunch or dinner was Pad Thai. Some nights we still make this Thai delicacy in remembrance. I loved it and love the Thai flavours. So here is my healthy spin on a Thai classic.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
This is a super simple recipe you can make with rice noodles or zoodles!
Healthy Pad Thai
Make this healthy pad thai for dinner with chicken or shrimp enjoy all the deliciousness!
- 2 cups cooked rice noodles or zoodles
- 105 grams boneless skinless chicken breast cubed or shrimp
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbs Raw, Unsalted Peanuts (optional)
- 1-2 Scallions, chopped
- 1-2 Small Chili Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 large handful Cilantro, chopped
Mix The following together in a bowl and set aside:
- 1 Tbs Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbs Fish Sauce
- 2 Tbs Fresh Lime, squeezed
- 1 Tbs Avocado or other oil
- 1 Tbs Water
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 tsp ginger
In a sauté pan over medium heat:
- Place 1/2 Tbs oil to coat pan
2. Drop chicken and begin to cook
3. Add scallions, chilies, peanuts & cabbage
4. Mix and begin to brown, about 5min.
5. Add liquid mixture from bowl and stir
6. Add rinsed noodles and mix
7. Add the eggs and let them sit for about 2min, then stir into the mixture and add cilantro and enjoy!